GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
sonnymoon42

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by sonnymoon42 » 14 Dec 2005, 14:46

Here's what Quark says:

"We are finalizing the transition plan and we are evaluating product roadmap and the integration of ALAPs products into the Quark family."

So, will they continue to market & support non-Quark products?

The answer is a firm MAYBE BUT MAYBE NOT.

Scripting_Ace

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by Scripting_Ace » 14 Dec 2005, 14:50

[img]../../themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif"> [strong]sonnymoon42:[/strong]Here's what Quark says:

"We are finalizing the transition plan and we are evaluating product roadmap and the integration of ALAPs products into the Quark family.[/img]
So, will they continue to market & support non-Quark products?

The answer is a firm MAYBE BUT MAYBE NOT.

I would put my money on NOT

Dennis Taylor

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by Dennis Taylor » 14 Dec 2005, 16:32

I say have fun! Use whatever suits you and your customers needs. She's (ID) your new girlfriend, and you think she's sexy, good. I use ID for a few things here and there, but largely do not have problems with Quark. I still like Quark (some days I hate it) but those are far and few between. Just because you think your Girlfriend looks good, doesn't mean everyone will. Try not to troll on your excitement, mmk?

Seriously though, have fun- stay productive and happy holidays! :D

willmark

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by willmark » 15 Dec 2005, 08:19

Quark pulls a dump of ALAP InDesign Plugins and all Adobe has to do is never let Quark have the Acrobat PDF engine ever again, problem solved. I mean does anyone really thinkthat the JAWS engine is strong enough for heavy lifting? Weak is how I would descibe it.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”