"Quark Publishing Portal" vs. "App Studio Portal"... vs. HTM

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
lorenzo.bruzzese

"Quark Publishing Portal" vs. "App Studio Por

Post by lorenzo.bruzzese » 23 Sep 2013, 00:23

Hi everybody,i'm sure i had lost some news from Quark...i'm updating now my knowledge,but i can't understand difference between "Quark Publish Portal" and "App Studio Portal".And then...i think "AVE Interactivity" and "HTML Publish" is very similar;the choice of publication is based on the ability of the developer? because i seem to see more or less the same functionality (i'm talking about iPad publications only)...right?!?I wish to helpful to all.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

"Quark Publishing Portal" vs. "App Studio Portal"... vs. HTM

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 24 Sep 2013, 04:45

Hi Lorenzo,
Quark AVE Publishing used to be called App Studio. It used the proprietary AVE format and was just available for QuarkXPress 9 and iPad publishing.
When we released the new App Studio for QuarkXPress 9&10 and InDesign CS5-CC and 100% based on HTML5, we renamed the previous solution to Quark AVE Publishing.
Does that explain it?

Regards
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”