App Studio Factory not creating .ipa files when 'exporting t

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 20 Oct 2011, 04:50

Hi Ray,
in the App Studio subfolder of your QuarkXPress application you'll find the Quark Issue Previewer for the iOS Simulator.
First unzip. Then you need to install this into /Users//Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/4.3.2/Applications/ by just dragging the folder into it. The whole thing (so you end up with a path /Users//Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/4.3.2/Applications/Issue Previewer for iOS Simulator/ ).

Of course the version number needs to be the iOS you are using. If the folder "Applications" doesn't exist, just create one.
Then start the Simulator (might have to do that twice). It should be then in the Simulator.
Regards
Matthias

rayguz

Post by rayguz » 20 Oct 2011, 05:21

Hi Matthias,Thanks, I have now been able to test the Issue in the Quark Previewer on the iOS Simulator and it works fine. I can see the issue and download it etc in the Simulator as I would expect.I then went to the 'Export to Device' button in the App Studio Factory and the dialogue box that appears shows the following: Configuration = Release, Profile = Coloursoft Ad Hoc Profile, Certificate = iPhone Distribution: GD Associates.The folder failed to create an .ipa file and was empty.I am using the 'Simple Kiosk' template and the issue are Free. The Magazine is to be bi-monthly, but could be irregular so I have set the issue as 'magazine' and the frequency as 'other'. I have to admit it was a little confusing to know whether this should be a 'Collection' or 'Title'.It's great to see I can now see the issue in the iOS Simulator so hopefully we are getting close to solving the problem.Regards,Ray

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 20 Oct 2011, 05:32

Hi Ray,
ok, so the Portal set up seems to be fine and we need to find out why an App is not being build. Title or Collection doesn't really matter, as they mostly have to do whether you publish periodically or not and what you feel more comfortable with.
Have you upgraded your Xcode to 4.x? Did you download the certificates from developer.apple.com also?
Thanks
Matthias

rayguz

Post by rayguz » 20 Oct 2011, 05:41

Hi Matthias,I have upgraded Xcode to 4.2 and am running Snow Leopard on my Mac.I have downloaded the Apple Certificates again but wonder whether I should revoke/delete these and create them again? I can then download them and add them to my Mac? If I did this would I need to delete the certificates I already have on my Mac that I can see in Keychain and Xcode?I have a new message that comes up when exporting to device and it says that 'No provisioning profile is installed on your computer that matches the appID : com.gdassociates.net.coloursoft.' Does this help give a better idea fo the problem?Regards,Ray

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 20 Oct 2011, 05:52

Hi Ray,yes, this error message explains a lot:It means that the the certificate contains a different app ID (bundle ID) than the one in Apple's provisioning profile. As the certificate gets the information from the portal and the provisioning profile from Apple's dev site, I suspect a mismatch.Can you check please whether both match?If you don't want to disclose too much about your app here, you can also send me an email. Thanks
Matthias

rayguz

Post by rayguz » 20 Oct 2011, 06:06

Hi Matthias,Unfortunately I have a lot of certificates on my Mac as I decided to go through the certificate process twice as I revoked the original set and created new ones. Is it easy to find out which certificates I need to check or is it easier to create these again and delete all the ones I have? I have had a look at certificates in Keychain - is there an easy way of checking the app ID?Regards,Ray

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 20 Oct 2011, 06:51

Hi Ray,
when you open Xcode you can open the Organizer (which you find under the Window menu of Xcode). Here you can see all profiles installed and also sort by name or app id.
Regards
Matthias
P.S.: As I am out of the office tomorrow, answers might be delayed.

rayguz

Post by rayguz » 21 Oct 2011, 03:01

Hi Matthias,Success! I managed to create an .ipa file!!!!I deleted all the certificates and keys that I had created for the App from Keychain and Xcode and also revoked the ones from the Apple Developer Portal. I then created them again and made sure they all had the same App ID. I then uploaded all these new files to my computer as instructed. Although this didn't work straight away I took note of what a previous user had said in this thread and quit App Studio Factory after I installed the new certificates. Once it was re-opened I 'Exported to Device' and this time it worked and I have managed to upload to iTunes and my iPad.I now cannot see the video I embedded and need to change the name of the App under the icon but i will check the other thread in the forum for the answers.I just want to say a big thank you to you for helping me through this and hopefully this thread will be useful to others who are having the same problem.Regards,Ray

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 24 Oct 2011, 01:01

Hi Ray,
I am glad it's working.
Thanks
Matthias

surreygirl

Post by surreygirl » 25 Oct 2011, 08:03

God, I'm so jealous! I have spent the last week or so diligently following every detail of how to develop my app from the very informative webinar that Quark did last month, only to have the same problem of no .ipa file at the end. I can see the app but not the magazine in the IOS Simulator.
I have had no error messages. I have all the certificates. The issue shows up nicely in the App Studio Issue Previewer on my iPad. I followed all the advice in the thread above and I have paid for the app licence for my single title kiosk. I haven't paid for the publication app licence yet.
I can't believe that the only way to get this to work is to delete all the certificates and licences and start again. Is this really the only way? I feel so deflated. Is there some other service that Quark can offer to take over my mac remotely and try and sort this out for me? I'll pay!

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”