App Studio Factory not creating .ipa files when 'exporting t

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
surreygirl

Post by surreygirl » 08 Nov 2011, 23:14

Just thought I would report that the MacBookPro that I was working on was for some reason blocking the final app from being uploaded to Apple. Using a newer one I was able to load the app with no problems. Everything has been resolved now - many thanks.

Capucin

Post by Capucin » 25 Feb 2012, 05:24

Hi Matthias,I have the same problem as mentioned before. The export to device begins, with creating a new folder, then the folder is empty.The strange thing when exporting is, regarding the documentation, the line "Choose the appropriate App Studio app certificate from the Certificate drop-down menu". The only choice in the drop-down menu, in my case, is called "iphone developer" followed by my name. And yet I have got the "certificat.aveapp" file in the same folder than this of the .avefdoc file).Any idea?Thanks again,Capucin

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 27 Feb 2012, 09:56

Hi Capucin,
in the "Export to Device" the certificates Apple gave you are meant, so either the AdHoc or Distribution provisioning profile.
Typically an empty export means somethings wrong with your Apple certificates. Have you downloaded the two Distribution Certificates from Apple and the two distribution provisioning profiles from Apple's developer.apple.com portal and installed them?
Thanks
Matthias

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 12 Jun 2013, 21:43

Hello and sorry for hijacking this thread but it describes my problem very well. I've tried to create the .ipa countless times now. It worked about 1 year ago to create an AdHoc version for In-House testing. In the mean time the profiles got invalid but I've gone through all steps and created new certificates/provisioning profiles. I've uninstalled Xcode (from the /Developer/ Path using the provided script) and installed the new version from the App Store, so now everything is stored inside the Xcode.app container.
Some notes: Simulator works fine including in-app downloading of the test issues (but I had to manually direct the Quark AVE Factory to the correct location in its settings because the automatic discovery does not work)
Whenever trying to create an .ipa using the created AdHoc profile it fails (though the message says "IPA Creation completed, APP NAME | (null)" and the created folder is empty. Sometimes there's an file BUNDLEID.app in there.
Do you have any hints what might go wrong during the build? Are there any log files I could dig into?
Thanks very much.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 12 Jun 2013, 22:46

Hi Sebastian,
as with AVE Publishing the certificates, the prov profiles and Xcode need to be correctly created and installed, this is one of the more difficult things to find out why somethign goes wrong when it goes wrong, especially remotely. There are so many variables, that's why we use a different method in the new App Studio.
The Simulator is just good for testing whether the AVE portal is set up correctly, as Apple's Simulator ignores certificate and profiles.

So what you should check first:
- Update to QuarkXPress 9.5.2
- Use Xcode 4.5 please, we found that to work much better with AVE than Xcode 4.6.
- If possible, recreate your certifcates and profiles in Apple'sportals, delete the old ones locally and reinstall.
Does the problem still exist?
Thanks
Matthias

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 12 Jun 2013, 22:54

Hi Mathias, thanks for your very fast reply - just a quick question before trying it with an older Xcode version: his requires uninstalling the App Store version and manually installing the downloadable DMG version v4.5, am I right? Well, now that I think about it... maybe quite self-explanationary, but to be sure... ;)

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 12 Jun 2013, 22:58

Hi Sebastian,
uninstalling is a big word for dragging a bundle into the trashcan. ;-)
Yes, exactly, you find older versions of Xcode in Apple's developer portal. And you can always reinstall the new verison later, if this didn't work.
Thanks
Matthias

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 12 Jun 2013, 23:01

Haha, you're right. I just didn't know if there might be dependencies or any other files left-over. But since it's a new bundled App Store version this is not the case I guess.
Thanks, I'll try it again and will leave a message if I succeeded.

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 13 Jun 2013, 01:08

Hello again. While using Xcode 4.5.2 from Apple's dev portal I still can't create any IPA successfully. Same result as described before. :(
I've revoked / deleted all certificates and provisioning profiles in the developer portal, generated a set of new ones (for Ad Hoc), used Xcode built-in "fetch from dev portal" to automatically add both certificates (dev and distribution) and the provisioning profiles (team with wildcard and one AdHoc for my test app). Everything seems absolutely fine.
Should I try again with the exact 4.5 version as I don't know if a .2 build might cause those problems? To be honest, atm I am lost.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 13 Jun 2013, 05:05

Hi Sebastian,
no, that should be fine.
Have you tried to create both flavors, so Adhoc app for testing and the release app for the App Store?
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”