App Studio Factory not creating .ipa files when 'exporting t

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 13 Jun 2013, 05:27

Yes, unfortunately with the same result - no file.
Btw, Quark AVE Factory now automatically finds the path to the iOS Simulator 6.0 SDK.
Test App and issues still work in the simulator. I guess I am doing sth. wrong regarding the certs and so on - but where?

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 13 Jun 2013, 21:58

Hi Sebastian,
let me quickly summarize how I would create this:
[olist][*]Go to Keychain on your OS X and delete all provisioning profiles and certificates.[*]Reboot your Mac.[*]Open AVE Factory and try to create your app. If that doesn't work, good, so the certs and provs are gone.[*]Close AVE Factory. [*]Go to developer.apple.com and delete all profiles if you don't need them somewhere else.
[*]Delete all certificates if you don't need them somewhere else.
[*]Go to certifcates section and create one certificate for Production > App Store and Ad Hoc by following Apple's instructions.[*]Download the certificate.[*]Double click the certificate to install.
[*]Create a prov profile for your app, category "Distribution > Ad Hoc" following Apple's instructions.[*]Download the prov.[*]Double click it to install.[*]Create a second prov. profile, this time "Distribution >App Store" following Apple's instructions.[*]Download the prov.[*]Double click it to install.[*]Does everythign show fine, so now warning in Keychain?
[*]Open AVE Factory. [*]Download the right certifcate from the AVE Portal.[*]Create app[/olist]Does that work now?

If this still doesn't work, then I am afraid you need to open a ticket with tech support and we need to do a more detailed analysis.
Thanks
Matthias

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 13 Jun 2013, 22:31

Thank you very much for the step-by-step instructions.
Until step 19 everything is fine and works as expected.
When "exporting to device" a temporary .app file with the template name gets created inside the destination folder (e.g. ElegantKiosk) which a moment later gets Test App Name, but then it just disappears - no IPA.[:(]
Btw, do I need to create a Development Certificate? Xcode asked about that one.
I know that AVE Factory "remotely controls" Xcode to compile everything, but does it need that cert to be successful?

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 13 Jun 2013, 23:22

Hi Sebastian,
I have to admit I don't know[:$]:
After the redesign Apple did about a month ago I noticed that they removed the possibility to create a separate adhoc and an App Store certificate. It's not two anymore, it's now one. Maybe that's the problem? It used to be two. As the last few months (so after Apple's redesign) I haven't created an AVE app (just HTML5 apps) I have no experience with the one certificate situation.
Add one, it can't hurt. I'll also ask our OEM supplier whether that's needed.
Regards
Matthias

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 14 Jun 2013, 00:02

Thank you for your support. Adding a developer certificate resulted in Xcode being able to automaticallymanaging and generating the "iOS Team Provisioning Profile" using the Wildcard ID.
But other than that - still no IPA.

Maybe I've found another option to try.Seeing AVE Factory shipped with the latest Quark Update is still at 1.7 and their current version (http://avepublishing.aquafadas.com) is at 1.9 - should I try it that way? Or is Quark's version somewhat branded or enhanced?

EDIT: Well, I can open my project just fine, but of course it is asking for a template license from aquafadas. Dead End. ;)

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 14 Jun 2013, 01:08

Hi Sebastian,
just to make sure, the bundle ID (app identifier) you are using, is not using the wildcard or team ID anywhere?
So in the AVE portal you specificed "myapp.somedomain.de" or so but not "62k2g473.myapp.somedomain.de", right?
And also not in Apple's portal (of course Apple displays it in the portalbut you didn't add it in the input field).
And, are you usign an individual account or a team/company account?
Thanks
Matthias

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 14 Jun 2013, 02:09

Hi Matthias.

just to make sure, the bundle ID (app identifier) you are using, is not using the wildcard or team ID anywhere?
Yes, exactly. It's still the same ID as last year I just wanted to build a new IPA because the profiles got invalid after the 1 year period. It's in preparation for an app I've built for a customer, so he can look at it again.
So in the AVE portal you specificed "myapp.somedomain.de" or so but not "62k2g473.myapp.somedomain.de", right?
Yes.

And also not in Apple's portal (of course Apple displays it in the portalbut you didn't add it in the input field).
Correct.

And, are you usign an individual account or a team/company account?
I am not 100% sure, but you are talking about the Apple developer account here, right?
It's an individual account, because I am the only person in the company developing for that platform atm.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 17 Jun 2013, 03:40

Hi Sebastian,
I guess I am lost then why this doesn't work. Have you filed a ticket yet (quark.parature.com)?
Thanks
Matthias

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 17 Jun 2013, 03:47

Hello Matthias,
thanks for your message and on-going help trying to fix the problem.
I will get into contact with the support under the address you've mentioned.
Thanks again,
Sebastian

SebastianTypom

Post by SebastianTypom » 05 Jul 2013, 04:11

Hello Mathias, the long long search is finally over.
It seems like the changed folder structure of Xcode from 4.5 to 4.6 (no root/Developer folder anymore) caused the process to fail.
After renaming the Developer folder to alt_Developer everything was fine.
Although I defined the custom path to the newer iPhoneSDK folder (inside of the Xcode package now, since it is deployed via App Store) Quark AVE Factory somehow quietly tried to use something that is not longer there (inside /Developer).
In the end, a rather simple problem... Thanks again for your help.
Possibly someone else will see the solution in this post...

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”