simulator

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
brianca

simulator

Post by brianca » 15 Mar 2013, 10:07

Hi,
I am trying to preview my ipad app. I exported it, but it only saves to the desktop. It doens't give me an option to open in th esimulator. I found iOS simulator in the Quark folder, but it won't open or give me the option to open in the simulaotor. Is this becuase I am on 10.5.8? Does the simulator not work in this version? Help!

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

simulator

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 17 Mar 2013, 21:00

Hi Brianca,
first, you do want to create AVE-based apps, right, not HTML5-based apps? As the simulator is only required for AVE.
Then, can you launch Apple's Simulator without any Quark software? That's the first thing to check.
And 10.5.8 might be a bit old for the most recent AVE Factory's, but we can try.
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”