Popups and AVE Previewer

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
saratoga

Popups and AVE Previewer

Post by saratoga » 15 Feb 2013, 01:29

HiI am slowly loosing my hair here! I am using Quark 9.5 and creating an iPad document... ok so far. Whenever I try to create a popup (either within the layout or externally) it does not work in the AVE previewer!The process I am going through is... placing an empty picture box over the graphic where I want readers to tap. Going to the HTML5 menu, clicking Button, selecting Action - show popup. Selecting layout to use ie the tab called popup. Saving the doc then File - Export - Layout as AVE. Sync the iPad via iTunes. Open AVE Previewer, open the file - all there except the popup does nothing....Help what am I doing wrong?ThanksNick

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Popups and AVE Previewer

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 Feb 2013, 22:44

Hi Nick,
QuarkXPress 9.5 features two technologies to build apps:
- AVE Publishing, which creates .zave files (PDF/PNG-based) with interactivity
- The new App Studio, which creates HTML-based apps
You need to decide for either (or both) but cannot mix technologies.
To create AVE-based apps:
1) Use the "Quark AVE Interactivity" palette to enrich your layouts.
2) Export using the menu "Export > Layout as AVE".
3) Use iPad Simulator or the AVE Previewer on an iPad to preview your content.
To create HTML5-based apps:
1) Use the "HTML5" palette to enrich your layouts.
2) Export using the "App Studio Publishing" palette.
3) Preview using my.appstudio.net or the App Studio app to preview your content.
You are mixing the two technologies, therefore you don't see any effect. Does that explain it?
Regards
Matthias

saratoga

Popups and AVE Previewer

Post by saratoga » 17 Feb 2013, 23:16

Hi MatthiasThank you for the reply.Ok so I see where I was going wrong. Can you clarify one other thing for me please?Firstly, as way of background I am trying to achieve something very similar to the Impressionen idea where you tap the symbol the the description pops up and then you can link to the web page basket.So, is this HTML5? Cause if I go the Quark AVE Interactivity I can select button, name the button, select Tap Action - Show Popup, Create,... It then only gives me the options of HTML, Slideshow or Movie.So as I see it, you cannot create the desired effect via this route? Only via HTML5. I hope that makes sense?RegardsNick

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Popups and AVE Previewer

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 17 Feb 2013, 23:29

Hi Nick,
Impressionen is AVE-based currently. I think they did use a HTML popup and then deeplink into their own website.
Regards
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”