Scroll box problems in final release

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
glacierphotos

Post by glacierphotos » 09 Jan 2013, 02:47

Has anyone had scroll box issues in a final release? Everything worked great in the tests of last issue, but when it was published to Apple the scroll boxes in the app would only work sporadically or not at all. It was almost as if it wasn't connecting to a server. I deleted the app and re-installed today and it seems to work OK, but I don't know if a customer would realize they might need to do this. Yesterday was the first day of the release...

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 09 Jan 2013, 04:38

Hi glacier,
your APp only contacts our servers and your hosting server during download (of the issue). Afterwards the content is all local (except if you added a live HTML or referenced assets).
So I am assuming that maybe there was a hiccup with your test app if you created one, whcih will be unique to you. If not, e.g. you can reproduce it, please let us know.
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”