Push Notification Issues

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
jkaus3

Push Notification Issues

Post by jkaus3 » 25 Jul 2012, 05:09

I'll try that today, is there any explanation for why notifications work for the "Release" export but not the "Distribution?"

jkaus3

Push Notification Issues

Post by jkaus3 » 25 Jul 2012, 06:45

Okay I started completely fresh and it seems to be working, I sent it to Apple for review. Thanks again for the help. J

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Push Notification Issues

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 25 Jul 2012, 22:11

Hi jkaus,
great that it is working now. Please share your app once it is live.
Thanks
Matthias

jkaus3

Push Notification Issues

Post by jkaus3 » 26 Jul 2012, 09:49

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gems-gem ... 13263?mt=8 The notification version is just an update. Thanks again for the help! J

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Push Notification Issues

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 27 Jul 2012, 01:03

Hi J,
looks very nice, thanks for sharing.
Regards
Matthias

JimD

Push Notification Issues

Post by JimD » 13 Dec 2012, 05:10

Hi. I'm having the same issue with push notifications. The notifications worked when I had designed my app for Newsstand, but Apple told me my app (free monthly school publication) wasn't right for Newsstand because it's not really a subscription (that's another story...). Anyway, I reconfigured the app as a stand alone and that's the point at which I've lost the push notifications feature. I've started from scratch several times now recreating the certificates and profiles, re-uploading them into the app, etc. but to no avail. I noticed that whenever I check the "Push Notifications for Applications" in the Publish section of the Quark Publishing Portal, it only stays checked if I remain within the Publish section. If I navigate to another section like App Specification and return to Publish, the notification button is no longer checked. Hopefully I'm missing something simple, but for now I just don't see it. Any suggestions? Thanks. Jim

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”