App Studio availability

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
edudesouza

App Studio availability

Post by edudesouza » 09 Jun 2011, 05:36

Hi folks, I got pretty exited when I watched Quark 9 video presentation, so I download the trial version to text App Studio but I found that it is not available yet.
Can someone tell me when it will be available for the general public?
Thanks.

max.peter

App Studio availability

Post by max.peter » 09 Jun 2011, 06:29

Hi,
90 days after the official release of QXP 9, as a free upgrade.

macnique

App Studio availability

Post by macnique » 23 Jun 2011, 10:58

I Installed trialversion only to try the iPad functionality, but it still isn't working. When is the official release and will I be able to try again if my trial 30 days are over by then (I installed today so in 30 days the trial will be useless)
Hope you can help me

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

App Studio availability

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 29 Jun 2011, 12:30

Hi macnique,
normally that would be true, however when we ship App Studio for QuarkXPress we will have a simple solution for you to try that out.
Please stay tuned.
Thanks
Matthias

macnique

App Studio availability

Post by macnique » 29 Jun 2011, 21:32

Hi Matthias,

Can you be more specific? Do you mean that after those 30 days are over I still can use QXP9 to try the App Studio? Thank you for your reply. I am very curious to see what the App can do. The Blag magazine I downloaded (it was made using App Studio, a I correct?) and there are very little things used of all the things that are possible in iPad magazines so that's why I really want to see for myself.

Greetings, Monique

Quarkian
Quarkian

App Studio availability

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 30 Jun 2011, 04:15

Hi Monique,
your 9.0 Test Drive will timebomb after 30 days. However when we ship QuarkXPress with App Studio (we migth call it QuarkXPress 9.1 or so), we'll have a solution that you then can test that again for 30 days.
Regards
Matthias

Tony Redhead

App Studio availability

Post by Tony Redhead » 04 Aug 2011, 13:09

Matthias Guenther (Quark) wrote:
However when we ship QuarkXPress with App Studio (we migth call it QuarkXPress 9.1 or so) ....

Can anyone tell me if the current trial download has the App Studio plugin in it?

Quarkian
Quarkian

App Studio availability

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 04 Aug 2011, 21:21

Hi Tony,the Test Drive of QuarkXPress 9.1 will contain App Studio, yes. And it is not just a plug-in, it's much more: A palette in QuarkXPress, a new layout type with supporting features. And a Portal to configure your App and a standalone application to build your App. Regards
Matthias

Tony Redhead

App Studio availability

Post by Tony Redhead » 04 Aug 2011, 22:32

Hi Mathias,
So the version that's available to download as of today is only QuarkXPress 9? If so when do you anticipate 9.1 being available, I know from the forums you have mentioned 90 days from the release of QuarkXPress 9 but hasn't that milestone passed. On the other hand I'm not quite sure exactly when 9 was released so I could be mistaken.
Tony

Quarkian
Quarkian

App Studio availability

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 04 Aug 2011, 22:45

Hi Tony,
correct, the Test Drive is currently 9.0.1 which does not yet contain App Studio.
We currently estimate 9.1 to be released end of August, which will contain App Studio, Lion support and some other functionality. It will be an update free of charge for all users of QuarkXPress 9.
And of course it will also be possible to install a Test Drive of 9.1 and use it for 30 days, even if you had previously installed a Test Drive of 9.
Regards
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”