Getting started

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
tk2424

Getting started

Post by tk2424 » 29 Jun 2011, 06:03

Our publishing company just started working with Quark 8 and want to promote our sports programs through different hand held devices such as the iPad and iPhone.I have been looking on Quarks website for different options, but not sure where to begin.We create all of our programs in regular quark projects, but what's the next best step? How can I turn a 100-page program into a fast and easy eReader ... or an easy-to-use iPhone app?Do I need to buy more software like the iPad publishing service? I'm I able to use Blio for free in Quark 8?Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

max.peter

Getting started

Post by max.peter » 29 Jun 2011, 07:21

Hi,
Using QuarkXPress 8 you can't export in digital format for eReaders or iPad. These new capabilities are specific to a newer version, XPress 9.
With XPress 8 to 8.5 you can only generate web pages either in HTML, or in Flash format. So, I'm afraid you have to upgrade your software.

Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Getting started

Post by Sarbjit Singh » 01 Jul 2011, 02:40

As mentioned already. You need QuarkXPress 9 to be able to export to digital media.
1. QuarkXPress 9 can export to ePub that is supported by almost all handled devices.
2. Blio Export is FREE for QuarkXPress 9 users.
3. iPad export will be available soon with a free future update for QuarkXPress 9 users.

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”