Flip Book options

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
isonychia

Flip Book options

Post by isonychia » 11 May 2011, 05:54

I just got done looking at the features video of the new quark.

I see that it's able to create ebook formats and app's for digital editions(books) etc.
Can it also create a digital flipbook?
If so I have some other questions I can ask later. i.e. is it searchable through all archives of a publications editions ( a weekly pub), create links automatically, creates html version for non flash hardware etc etc....

Iso.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Flip Book options

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 11 May 2011, 22:00

Hi Iso,
I think you need to define please what you mean by "Flipbook", otherwise that is very hard to answer. I know of dozens of online services who call their exported format a "flipbook" and they all differ.

Thanks
Matthias

isonychia

Flip Book options

Post by isonychia » 12 May 2011, 07:31

What I'm looking for is similar to the following:(probably the easiest way to exlain it)

http://www.mydigitalpublication.com/pub ... m=2237&l=1

I work for a weekly publication.
I need to be able to take my PDF files and run them through a program that will create a flipping style digital edition with ALL the options in the above link.
Of high importance is:
An archiving system

Searchable through all archives.
Automatic linking and manual linking
version for ipad compatability
etc
Thanks
iso.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Flip Book options

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 16 May 2011, 00:49

Hi Iso,
yes, of course you can create such deliverables, just the page flip effect isn't there (you'd have to use a different transition). And exporign Flash out of QuarkXPress even gives you text as vectors, and not as page previews. However, you'd have to design the page navigation yourself.
For iPad, well you can't use Flash. As it is a layout rich export, you can use the App Studio for QuarkXPress. Again, here, the naviagion will be different. it will be more iPad-typical (pinch, swipe) andnot like in the example you linked.
For archive searching, you'd have to build that yourself or think of another solution, as of course QuarkXPress' Flash Export as well as QuarkXPress' App Export give you a file and not a web portal.
Linking is possible for all export options, just not sure what you mean by "Automatic linking".

Best regards
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”