It is so great

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
ptosh

It is so great

Post by ptosh » 22 Feb 2011, 23:38

Hello Matthias,
did I understand that right, I buy QuarkXPress 9, get everything I need to make iPad Apps, don't need to program and I can just export an App?
If yes, that's the greatest thing I have seen so far. Is there a beta program?
Greetings
Peter

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

It is so great

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 22 Feb 2011, 23:52

Hi Peter,
thank you for the flowers.
Yes, you can just export an issue out of QuarkXPress which then appears in your app without havign to code. You can optionally of course enrich it using Xcode (if you are a developer or have developers in-house), however that's just an option.
Should we have pre-release versions of App Studio available for testing, I'll let you know.
Thanks
Matthias

nicocin

It is so great

Post by nicocin » 17 Mar 2011, 05:50

Would love to be included in the beta release. Was a devoted veteran QXP user up till 7.0, then drank the Adobe Coolaid... Sorry.
This is a big jump for QXP and makes me rethink everything moving forward. Please keep me in mind as a beta site.

Quarkian
Quarkian

It is so great

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 17 Mar 2011, 19:41

Hi nicocin,
great to hear that you like App Studio and thank you very much for your kind words.
We haven't decided yet whether we do a pre-release with App Studio for QuarkXPress, if we do, I'd happily include you if you send me your contact details (via email, by using the Contact button above this post).
Regards
Matthias

alexcutter

It is so great

Post by alexcutter » 13 May 2011, 04:49

When will this be released?

Quarkian
Quarkian

It is so great

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 May 2011, 21:48

Hi Alex,
App Studio for QuarkXPress will be available within 90 days of the initial release of QuarkXPress 9 (which was April 26).
It will be a free update for all users of QuarkXPress 9.
Regards
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”