Does the trial version have App Studio functionality?

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
alexcutter

Post by alexcutter » 13 May 2011, 04:28

I read elsewhere on your site that the functionality would be given via a future update.
I don't want to install the trial version unless I'm sure I can try the App Studio.
Thanks!

EDIT:
Based on the paltry App Studio "forum", it appears as though App Studio hasn't been released yet.
What is the ETA for its release? Why does the Trial download page clearly state that creating iPad apps is supported in the Trial version, when it doesnt?

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 13 May 2011, 04:55

You have to wait for v9.1 announced for mid-June I think. (Though to what I can read on Quark site, it will be availbale as a free update to Quark 9 users)
Read more here.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 13 May 2011, 05:08

Hello Alex,yes, the Test Drive will include the App Studio functionality of QuarkXPress. As App Studio though isn't released yet, it currently doesn't. It will be made available free of charge in an update around 90 days after shipping of the initial version of 9. Regards
Matthias

alexcutter

Post by alexcutter » 13 May 2011, 05:24

You might want to change the info on the Trial Download page, because it claims that App Studio is available in the download.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 15 May 2011, 21:31

Hi Alex,
as I am using a different geographic IP than you I must be seeing another webpage than you.
Can you please post me the URL and string in question (use the Contact button above this post to send me an email)?
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”