Quark 9 Digital Brochure Capabilities?

If you want to publish to the iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Android tablet, Kindle Fire and as Web App, please use the new HTML5-based App Studio.
Please note that after March 18, 2014, new customers will not be able to create Quark AVE Publishing (Powered by Aquafadas) apps and that Quark will stop supporting Quark AVE Publishing on Sep 18, 2014 for all customers. Therefore we have closed this forum for posting too. Please contact support if you need help.
wanta

Post by wanta » 28 Feb 2011, 04:27

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member so please go easy on me, not sure I'm writing this in the correct space?
What I'd like to find out is whether in Quark 9 I would be able to design online digital brochures and then save them to a relevant companies website server?
I've read the info on Quark's website and to me it looks like you are supposed to use the Blio website to upload to?
I'm not interested in selling the brochures because they would probably be company brochures that are going digital.
Does anyone know if it is possible with Quark 9 to design digitally without having to use Blio?
Many thanks,
Simon

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 28 Feb 2011, 04:30

Hi Simon,
when you say "Digital Brochure", can you please elaborate a bit what kind of publications that are, who the atregt audience is and on what platform they should run?
QuarkXPress 9 will offer several output possibilites, such as PDF, Flash (SWF), Web (HTML), eBooks (ePub), Rich books & magazines (Blio) and Apps for iPad.
Thanks
Matthias

wanta

Post by wanta » 28 Feb 2011, 04:37

Hi Matthias,
Thanks for replying to my message.
When I say 'Digital Brochure' I mean a brochure / magazine that is turned into an e-book. For example http://www.ospreyhealthcare.com/brochure/
This is the type of thing that I would like to do for prospective clients. At the moment I use someone to produce it for me - obviously if I could do it myself then I don't need to pay a middle man!
Thanks,
Simon

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 28 Feb 2011, 04:45

You could easily achieve that through PDF and publishing on Issuu dot com. Not to prevent you from upgrading to Quark 9! :-) HTH.

wanta

Post by wanta » 28 Feb 2011, 04:59

Hi Jean-Marie,
Yes I've seen Issuu, not sure how it works to be honest.
Are the URL's for the uploaded brochures fixed to what Issuu wants them to be?
I would prefer the brochures to be saved to the clients websites so the URL is the same. Do you know if that is still possible or do you have to upload them to Issuu's server?
I basically don't want my client to see that I'm using a middle man, if they find out then what's to say they will just use them anyway?
Thanks.

Simon

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 28 Feb 2011, 05:09

Hi Simon,
you can use a 3rd party service as Jean-Marie suggests. Or you use QuarkXPress 8 (and make this a Flash catalog). Or if you need native apps you can use QuarkXPress 9 to create real apps.
i think most of your customers will prefer apps (assuming they use iPhone, iPad or Android smart phones/devices).

Thanks
Matthias

Return to “QuarkXPress 9: AVE Publishing - discontinued”