TIFF files have red tint when printing

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
wdeagle1

Post by wdeagle1 » 26 Mar 2014, 12:39

Hi-Windows 7 Pro, XPress 10.0.1. Opened files with tif files from Xpress 9 and everything looks fine. When I click print to Adobe PDF, the boxes with the image turns to a red tint. Tried printing to HP6015 PS printer. Same result, tif boxes printed with red tint. Going to try a few more files and verify I have a problem with all tiff files.Anybody have any suggestions?ThanksCharles

Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Sarbjit Singh » 26 Mar 2014, 19:22

You may try updating to (free) 10.1.0.1. Post here if it still does not work.

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 26 Mar 2014, 23:24

Hi wdeagle1,Thank you for contacting Quark.I have verified with Adobe PDF Printer with Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD all the tif images are outputted fine.Could you please recheck at your end and update us.Kindly check the following:1. The issue is screen rendering issue or the output also affected.2. What type of images are affected and if any 1 Bit/Grayscale images are used, kindly apply some picture/box background color and print. Also, kindly update the QuarkXPress to the latest version 10.1.0.1 and verify and provide the results.Kindly send the screen shot, affected project and PDF to apalaniappan@quark.comThanksA. Palaniappan

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”