QXpress unable for duplex printing

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
bill mystikos

Post by bill mystikos » 13 Jul 2010, 04:16

hello there!
I use QXpress 8.12 and my printer is HP D1560. My problem is that I cannot print in duplex mode my QX projects when I use QXpess application.
Please note that my printer has no problem because I can normally print in duplex when I use other programmeslike MS Word or PDF documents.
While when I use the QXpress 8.12application it doesn't even gives the option for duplex printinting.
Please any ideas?

imsoblonde

Post by imsoblonde » 13 Jul 2010, 04:27

Hi Bill, - I have had lots of issues printing from quark to our new printer - which is a canon - but I can get around most of them by pdfing the file - and then sending it to print - did you try that? - the other run arounds are to upload the file to the online print server - and it will do all of the print requests that way (folding, punching, stapling, duplexing, etc)...

bill mystikos

Post by bill mystikos » 20 Jul 2010, 04:18

thank you for the reply!
Yes, you are right that when I turn my QXdocuments to PDF format, the duplex printing goes well.
But it's waste of time (and of bites) for me to do all this work turning them to PDF format. Besides, I demand from my QX application to work properly without using other applications (like PDF or the online print server you suggested) for assistance!
So, once again I ask for help....

Bling

Post by Bling » 27 Aug 2010, 13:44

It sounds likeQuark is somehow choosing the wrong printer driver.There's one printer here I routinely use the "wrong" driver for. But it works.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”