Problem exporting PDF in Quark 10.0.2 files that were origin

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
Margaret Melling

Post by Margaret Melling » 04 Feb 2014, 06:34

Hello, I have today upgraded to Quark 10.0.2 and want to be able to open documents created in Quark 9.3 and export for to high-resolution PDF for press. We have a large back archive of journal files, but when I do open a Quark 9 file in Quark 10, and then try to export to PDF, I get an error message to the effect: 'Unable to create the /private/var/folders/xw/h72l5sdd7lxg1sc5xyrrzy_c0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/jaws1453/(then document name).' Is this a compatibility issue, and is there something I can do to solve this problem, and save myself one enormous headache?!Thank you for any light you can shed on this!

omegaman

Post by omegaman » 07 Feb 2014, 08:44

Margaret Melling wrote:Hello, I have today upgraded to Quark 10.0.2 and want to be able to open documents created in Quark 9.3 and export for to high-resolution PDF for press. We have a large back archive of journal files, but when I do open a Quark 9 file in Quark 10, and then try to export to PDF, I get an error message to the effect: 'Unable to create the /private/var/folders/xw/h72l5sdd7lxg1sc5xyrrzy_c0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/jaws1453/(then document name).' Is this a compatibility issue, and is there something I can do to solve this problem, and save myself one enormous headache?!Thank you for any light you can shed on this!

Have you tried setting the PDF export options to: Export Transparency Natively?

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”