Export to PDF dropping text & images (Quark 10)

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
ledesign

Post by ledesign » 15 Jan 2014, 06:12

I've got a file I've been using for several years without issue. Today when I tried to export a PDF, the file is created (no error messages), but randomly three different things will drop off the page: a text box, a jpeg image and an eps image. I resaved each graphic and replaced them. I reset the text box. Without rambling on forever...does anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? I managed to get a proof out by printing to PDF - but I wasn't able to create the PDF the full size so I know it's only a temporary fix for proofing only. I've got to get the file fixed before press time. Please help.

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 15 Jan 2014, 06:37

Aside from bad/corrupt images or frames/boxes set to not output, no idea. What output profile are you using? If you do a collect, zip it up and upload it to a place like wikisend.com I can take a quick look at it.Mike

ledesign

Post by ledesign » 15 Jan 2014, 07:18

I have tried absolutely every output possible - small, medium, press, X1A, etc. The graphics aren't all corrupt for sure because one of the offenders will print on page 2 of the document - just not on page one. And yes, I've deleted the picture box and put a new on several times.
I can send you the full working file Mike. I usually use YouSendIt - would that be OK? I just need your email address.

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 15 Jan 2014, 07:31

I'll send you a private message in a minute with an email address...

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”