Wrong layout exports sometimes

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
rickpoet

Post by rickpoet » 31 Jul 2011, 12:21

Strange quirk...when exporting a pdf or when exporting to an eps from a project with multiple layouts, sometimes the wrong layout exports...not the open one I'm working with. If I go back and double click on one of the pages in the layout so it is 'selected" then re-export the PDF or EPS the right (active) layout will export. But shouldn't the active one export to begin with?Using Quark XPress 9 on latest verison of Mac OS X Snow Leopard on last year's iMac i7 with lots of memory.Thanks.

Ouam

Post by Ouam » 13 Aug 2011, 00:18

Same f****** problem here :(Here is the preview in QXP9 :ImageFor information :no transparency on the left orange blocTranparency on textHere is the pdf result :(ImageProblem with Illustrator file generated by AI CS5 > CMJN Mode > Save as eps Illustrator CS2 > mode "opaque" (same result with "transparent") > Adobe Postcript 2 (same result with AP3)Same problem when exporting in EPS fileConfig : MacMini 1.66 GHz intel Core Duo OSX 10.6.8and I'd already the same pb with QXP8 versionReally boring :(

bsprasad

Post by bsprasad » 16 Aug 2011, 01:05

Hi,
Issuewhich you mentioned wrong layout export, can you explain more on this.
inTransparency issue; are you using spot colors where you have appliedtransparency, if yes this may result inunexpected result, check the same with spot colors.
Youcan try by using PDF 1.6 or above version from Illustrator, later import intoXPress and try it may work.
Thanks,
bsprasad

Ouam

Post by Ouam » 16 Aug 2011, 02:00

after several tests :The problem disappears if : you save as your illustrator .eps file in illustrator pdf file (I don't see any interest to that :( ) you save as your illustrator .eps file in illustrator native file = .aireally strange, it was working with illustrator .eps file before 8.5 versionVery boring :(

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”