Picture disappears when adding angle text box on pdf export

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
edm203

Post by edm203 » 16 Feb 2006, 11:59

Greetings,

I'm making an envelope, and whenever I angle the text box on the left side of the envelope, the picture on the right side of the envelope disappears when I export to PDF. If I just print the file with the angled text box, the image file prints normally. It's only when I export to pdf that I run into problems.

Note that when I keep everything straight, my pdf comes out normal. I tried to do it on my coworkers' computers, but I still get the same result.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and provide a possible fix? thank you.

a.hayton

Post by a.hayton » 17 Feb 2006, 05:08

Have you tried printing to file rather than export to pdf?

edm203

Post by edm203 » 17 Feb 2006, 07:54

Yes, and everything prints normally. But when I export to pdf, my picture disappears.

I tried putting the border around my picture, and the border shows up but not the picture on the pdf. please help.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 19 Feb 2006, 15:07

Hi edm23,

what kind of PDf export are you using? PostScript for later distilling or the built-in JAWS PDF Creator library approach?
If you're exporting PostScript for later distilling, ensure that the OPI XTension is not loeaded in QuarkXPress 6 and ensure that the option "Allow PostScript code to overwrite Adobe PDF settings" is not active within the used Acrobat Distiller joboptions. Does this solve your problem?

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”