quark pdf drawing errors

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
lynn

quark pdf drawing errors

Post by lynn » 03 Jun 2004, 13:09

I am having lots of problems with my quark pdfs. I make them in Quark 6.1 going through the print dialog box. Then I open the pdfs in Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0.1 and save down to Acrobat 4.0 so they are small enough to email. Plus, most of my clients cannot read the 6.0 pdfs.

Every 4th or 5th time my clients get a drawing error and can't read the pdf. In addition to that, sometimes the pdfs won't print for the clients. I have no problems with this on my end and I can't recreate the problem in a controlled environment.

I have tried making the pdfs using the Export to PDF function but any picture box with a color in it comes out black.

My clients are in several different states and use different ISPs.

I called Adobe and they could not help.

I have only had this problem since I updated to Jaguar, Quark 6 and Acrobat 6.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks - Lynn

Streak

quark pdf drawing errors

Post by Streak » 03 Jun 2004, 16:49

Try creating a postscript file through the print dialog box. To do so, click on the 'Printer' button on the print dialog box, choose 'Output Options' in the third dropdown, check the 'Save as file' check box and then choose 'Postscript' from the dropdown next to this option. Save this file.
Use Acrobat Distiller to make a PDF (drag and drop the postscript file on to the distiller window).

Knock on wood......................

kitmir

quark pdf drawing errors

Post by kitmir » 04 Jun 2004, 17:32

Could it be that you are saving with OPI comments on? Before printing from Quark, make sure the OPI box is unchecked.

kitmir

quark pdf drawing errors

Post by kitmir » 06 Jun 2004, 18:20

lynn,

Any luck?

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”