Creating pdf in Quark 6

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
bonniej

Creating pdf in Quark 6

Post by bonniej » 01 Jun 2004, 17:27

Check your fonts. If you faux bolded ir ilatic them... or if your fonts are corrupt. It can cause a crash.

TDaigle

Creating pdf in Quark 6

Post by TDaigle » 02 Jun 2004, 15:42

Check your Quark Crash log -- if you are using Suitcase, this could be the culprit. Several of our Macs were crashing upon Export to PDF and the crash log was actually bringing up an Extensis error....we trashed the Pref files for Suitcase and restarted and voila! problem solved.

I think that many of the issues with Quark could probably be traced back to the Extensis plug-in that supposedly makes auto-activation etc., work in XPress.

Good luck.

bonniej

Creating pdf in Quark 6

Post by bonniej » 03 Jun 2004, 07:53

I get that too. Especally with Fruitiger & Zapf Dingbats. This happens when you have more than one family of fonts. For example I have the Frutiger d fonts, Fruitger Open Type Fonts, and POstscript fonts.

For some reason Quark does not like some d fonts & it has trouble with some open type fonts.. I think it is a bug in Quark because none of my other programs have this problem.

So I need to go into the Utlitlies menu & under fonts, manualy switch out the fonts Quark is having trouble with for another "brand"

Suitcase will automaically open the d font first, then the open type then the postscript fonts. Quark would prefer it the other way around... thats where the conflict with Suitcase comes in... QUark like the old fonts, Suitcase wants to activate the best working fonts.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”