Q9|there has some illegal symbol on the space

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows
wueddie

Q9|there has some illegal symbol on the space

Post by wueddie » 27 Apr 2015, 06:15

Hi All .. i'm newb , hope eveybody can help me.

I has been modify the fonts with software , after that i type something and show perfect in the adobe Illustrator but the Quark 9 has
got illegal symbol (the cross square box ) in the space ..

Anybody had this experience before ? could help on this :D

MikeWenzloff

Re: Q9|there has some illegal symbol on the space

Post by MikeWenzloff » 27 Apr 2015, 08:55

I am uncertain what you mean by "modifying the fonts."

What is being shown is the .notedef character that many/most fonts have to indicate a missing glyph at a codepoint. Looks to me like the register symbol is not at an expected codepoint, but your screen shot over the missing glyph areas is too small for these old eyes.

Are you copying/pasting this text from Illy to Q? Have you checked that the font in Q is the same as being used in Illy? Are the fonts being used installed for use by other applications? I ask because fonts can be installed in various Adobe folders that would only be available for Adobe applications. So are the fonts installed in your OS?

Beyond that, I would need to see the AI file, possibly the Q file and the font(s) being used. At least know what they are and if you have modified a font(s) it would be good to see them as well. You should be able to ZIP up the files and attach them here to a post. If the ZIP file is too large, you would need to upload to dropbox.com or the like and provide a download link. If you need to keep anything private, feel free to PM me a download link and I'll take a look.

Mike

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)”