Scripting language for QXP8 on Windows

Discuss AppleScripting for QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before)
tamaleus

Post by tamaleus » 02 Nov 2013, 03:18

Hello!
Hope, I'm at the right place and did not oversea an already given answer.
I'm looking for a Script language for QuarkXPress8 under WindowsXP/Windows7.
I've been told that there used to be what I'm looking for under the name of FrontierRunner - however could not find any info in the web.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Tamaleus

ddwebdev

Post by ddwebdev » 03 Nov 2013, 05:37

Hi tamaleusI'v never heard about FrontierRunnerBut for similar scripting on windowsyou'v got to look at ( autoit )http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/You can activate and interact with software in your PCIf you have some programming skill's and learning facilityyou can do some kind of ( applescript )BUT without all Backdoor shortcut offered with the original applescriptWhat you whant to achieve with your script ?

tamaleus

Post by tamaleus » 03 Nov 2013, 06:20

Hi ddwebdev! And thanks for your reply. Already exercising with Autoit. However since this is new to me, it shall take me a while to get where I want to be. An example would be: Delete the whole content between two bracktes of a marked block (in the QuarkXPress-Document)... as a sample.
If it looks like this before:
Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Gitarrenkonzert D-Dur op. 99 (Frank Bungarten, Gitarre; Ltg.: Anthony Bramall) Claude Debussy: "Danses sacre et profane" (Irmgard Gorzawski, Harfe; Ltg.: Daniel Klajner); Camille Saint-Sans: Violoncellokonzert a-Moll op. 33 (Sol Gabetta, Violoncello; Ltg.: Ari Rasilainen)
The result should be:
Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Gitarrenkonzert D-Dur op. 99; Claude Debussy: "Danses sacre et profane"; Camille Saint-Sans: Violoncellokonzert a-Moll op. 33

ddwebdev

Post by ddwebdev » 03 Nov 2013, 11:13

Force to admit. its gone be hard to emulate applescript.I dont think any programming language gone be able to do what you want....except applescript on mac....Because of the quark doc level.......like (story) inside (text box) inside (page) inside (spread) inside (document)

tamaleus

Post by tamaleus » 04 Nov 2013, 23:10

So far I already can remove what ever is between two brackets by browsing the entire document. So, for the moment I'm quite happy with AutoIt which seems to be pretty powerful - even the Windows-Version of it.
Thanks again for all input!

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: AppleScript”