Export WITHOUT CCS styles?

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
chandlerbing

Post by chandlerbing » 08 May 2013, 08:17

Is there a way to export a Quark document without any CCS encoding? InDesign seems to create a nice clean file without any extraneous code simply by checking the "NO CSS" box, but no matter what I do (Quark 9.0) I'm getting all kinds of extra code that the Web team doesn't want to clean up.

omegaman

Post by omegaman » 09 May 2013, 11:10

Quark will always place some basic CSS in the head section of the HTML file regardless of wether you Check (tick) the External CSS File option or not.

shaharaperil

Post by shaharaperil » 14 May 2013, 03:56

That has been a problem I've also seen with some Content Management Systems (like Joomla) that don't support Cascading Style Sheets. You can design a page in Quark, export your pages, copy the code and paste it into Joomla, and Joomla will strip out all the CSS, removing all the formatting for your text. Unlike Constant Contact, which does support CSS. You paste your code into Constant Contact and you're good to go.

However, from what I understand, Cascading Style Sheets are more commonly used than not, so if Quark has to do it one way or the other, I'd prefer to keep the Cascading Style Sheets and get rid of Joomla... which is exactly what I wound up doing. But it would be nice to have the option to do both.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”