Basic Rollover remaining greyed out in Quark 9.5.1

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
KP

Post by KP » 19 Apr 2013, 05:27

I was working on a few weeks ago, creating both basic and two position rollovers, and everything was working well. I have just reurned to work on the same site today, and now I am unable to create any new basic rollovers ( the ones I made earlier work perfectly). I highlight a picture box and go to Item > Basic rollover, but it stubbornly remains greyed out. I think that since I last worked on the website I have upgraded to 9.5.1. I have tried closing Quark down and reopening, but to no avail.Is there any known problem after upgrading to 9.5.1, or could there be some other reason for this problem?

KP

Post by KP » 22 Apr 2013, 00:14

Found my own solution. I had created picture boxes that I wanted to apply rollovers to. (These were in shapes representing quote marks, the idea being that when rolled over an actual text quote would appear.) Quark will apparently only apply a rollover to a graphic rather than a drawn Quark shape, so I exported the page with the quote shapes which converted them to PNGs (ideal, because these have a transparent background) which I then saved and placed in to my web page layout. Now when I highlight them Quark allows me to apply rollovers to them. Problem solved.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”