centering a web page - in Quark - boo to 9.5

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
mike in bc

Post by mike in bc » 01 Dec 2012, 13:15

I was told by Quark that Quark 9.5 would allow me to centre a web page.Well boo.It still doesn't.I've followed the steps. Doesn't work.And there's no way on God's green Earth that I can drop in code as a fix to some CSS file.I was just hoping, as I was told, that I could say, here - centre please make this webpage centre itself.I've tried the little boxes on the left and right -- doesn't work.Boo.

richi.v

Post by richi.v » 03 Dec 2012, 01:52

Hello, I also I have the same problem, I have worked with version 9.3 without problems and now I updated I can not re-center my web pages. help meRicardoCiudad de Buenos AiresArgentina

AndAnAs

Post by AndAnAs » 07 Jan 2013, 03:06

+100500!
Such problem really exists. :(
And known methods of centering of the page any more don't help.

I ask those who understands in CSS, to offer new option of centering of the page.

gestyle

Post by gestyle » 01 Feb 2013, 02:27

Hey !

This missing function feels like a running gag, despite the fact that nobody laughs.

For this reason I do not consider to initiate a web project based on Quark XPress.

Imagine that in Print ! Choose right-aligned, left-aligned, block, but dont dare to ask for centered ! [+o(]

And its going like that for half a decade just frustrating, sorry.

The vertical positioning of sub-menus doesnt work too.

Life could be so fantastic ! [<:o)] [:P]

bool

Post by bool » 14 Feb 2013, 07:29

hello,sorry for my bad English.I speak French.quarkxpress Interloan badly 'Positioning relative'.To change the css of a 'positiont absolute' to 'relative position'. all change request.Indeed the HTML code xpress is ordered according to the inclusion and not according to the appearance in the browser.the css info in his very differing. for the relative position.redo all the css would be easier.

AndAnAs

Post by AndAnAs » 24 Feb 2013, 22:05

Friends!
I address to experts on CSS.
Really anybody skilled won't tell how to make page alignment on the center?
It is necessary for a great number of people right now.
I ask for help at experts!

Also I ask the Quark developers to add somewhat quicker a flag "Align page on the browser center" in the next QuarkXPress updating!

bool

Post by bool » 24 Feb 2013, 23:28

For center a page you need a fixed dimention your body. Put right margin and left margin in auto.
And the most problematic, the position must be relative.
body {
text-align: center; // just very advisable
position: relative; // all your html element must be in position relative
float: none; // and all your element must be of type float
width: 1150px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}
For the operation of the float in css, I suggest you: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_float.asp.

i am not the best just not bad in css but if if you want I can give you a more concrete example sent a message through the Contact button

AWR

Post by AWR » 25 Feb 2013, 09:16

Quark knows and admits this is a bug. They assured me that it is on their fix list. It really needs to be a clickable option.

It does work in 9.3 by creating narrow variable width columns (they can be a pixel wide) at both edges of your page - but that doesn't work in 9.5

Ian Ridpath

Post by Ian Ridpath » 18 Mar 2013, 13:22

Anyone know if this is fixed in the latest version 9.5.1?

AndAnAs

Post by AndAnAs » 19 Mar 2013, 21:11

I know. I checked. The situation isn't corrected. It is impossible to center a content. (((

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”