Switching to Adobe :-(

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
mike in bc

Post by mike in bc » 02 Dec 2012, 10:43

It is with regret that I am dumping QuarkXpress.The App Studio is pointless -- business is still done on web pages.Web pages require HTML 5.0QuarkXpress doesn't even have the ability to centre a web page.I just can't continue to hang in there hoping and waiting.The App Studio is really really cute but has no point.The iPad will take a webpage and turn it into a good product on the iPad for you.There's still no ability to add script to a webpage.You can't centre it.It's very very disappointing but I can't wait any longer for them to get their poop in a group.The basic fundamental business is still conducted from a webpagewww.mybusiness.comDo you want to download an "APP" to your smartphone? iPad?95% of people will say NO!Business people find that crap - exactly that - crap.What on Earth were management thinking here?It's cute. It's lovely. But it's pointless.

mike in bc

Post by mike in bc » 03 Dec 2012, 16:13

One more problem -- now, after upgrading to 9.5 my webpage size had quadrupled with scroll bars bottom and rightI can't fix it.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”