Hyperlinking pages

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
EricJ

Hyperlinking pages

Post by EricJ » 04 Feb 2009, 08:21

Hi,I've constructed websites using other products before but this is the first time I've used Quark so I'm a tad embarrassed having to ask such a basic question but I'm stumped. I've created a 5 page website. I make the link using the Hyperlink dialogue box - create a New Hyperlink, choose Page, select the page I want from the pull down menu - and the appropriate icons show up on the page that indicate the hyperlink has been made. But when I Preview HTML (Safari), the link doesn't work. I get an error message saying it can't find the URL. I' m sure I'm missing something, but what?EricJ

Manuel S

Hyperlinking pages

Post by Manuel S » 05 Feb 2009, 01:45

The reason is quite simply that when you preview a single page, the other pages are not yet generated.
In order to test the internal links of your website, you have to export the layout through Export > HTML, so that all the pages will be generated.

Susancea

Hyperlinking pages

Post by Susancea » 23 Oct 2012, 07:11

Thank you

autonomedia

Hyperlinking pages

Post by autonomedia » 23 Oct 2012, 10:30

I have created a multi-page print document in QXP and then exported it as HTML. I see the resulting separate pages just fine. But can I get this process to generate automatic hyperlinks from, say, page one to page two, page two to page three, etc.? Or do they all have to be hyperlinked manually? Thanks, Jim

shaharaperil

Hyperlinking pages

Post by shaharaperil » 16 Nov 2012, 08:41

Whether you are working in a print layout or a web layout, the hyperlinks would have to be set manually on each page because there are no options (as there are in the Interactive Layouts) for linking to a Next or Previous page, which would allow you to duplicate your hyperlinks across mulptiple pages. But what you can do to save yourself some time is to create Next and Previous buttons on your master page, which will show up on all the web pages, and just edit the hyperlink from each page to go to the actual Next and Previous page.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”