Not able to obtain 'Variable Width Pages'

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
rog

Post by rog » 08 Jun 2011, 01:09

QuarkXPress V 8.5IMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 DuoMac OS 10.5.8I want to use the Variable Width Page facility on a site I am producing.Despite selecting this nothing happens - all I get is a fixed width page.I have tried saving pages from Quark V7 and then choosing the Variable Width Page optionbut still no success.Any suggestions?Rog

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran » 10 Jun 2011, 23:28

Are you trying to centre your site?

rog

Post by rog » 12 Jun 2011, 08:11

No I am not trying to centre my site?What I want to achieve are web pages (created in QuarkXPress 8.5 and exported to htm) that scale by the width and depth and remain in proportion.(when pages are reduced or enlarged by dragging the page window).This is where you can find the option in QuarkXPress (but it will not work for me):-Layout>Layout Properties>Variable Width Page > tick box).Has anyone successfully used the Variable Width Page option?Rog

Susancea

Post by Susancea » 23 Oct 2012, 07:04

Rogdid you ever get an answer or figure this out... this is exactly where I am. The Variable Width check doesn't appear to matter

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”