about form

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
shaharaperil

about form

Post by shaharaperil » 28 Jul 2012, 05:25

That line should read as follows:

$TARGET_EMAIL = array("^tom.groom@gmail\.com$");

You can delete "EMAIL_NAME." and the dot before "com$."

The two lines below that should be in this format:

define("DEF_ALERT","tom.groom@gmail.com");

In the form dialogue box inside of Quark, try switching the Encoding of the form box to "urlencoded."

Try making the adjustments above and see if it works. If not, you can send me the layout if you want and I'll see if I can figure out where it went wrong.

Which version of Quark are you using?

Thom_Print

about form

Post by Thom_Print » 28 Jul 2012, 08:33

Hi,
Thanks so much for your help - I'm still having an issue, but I feel like I am slowly but surely making progress!
Now when I submit the form I am redirected to a page which says:
"An error occurred while processing the form .

The staff at http://www.rlpersons.com have been alerted to the error .
http://www.rlpersons.com apologizes for any inconvenience this error may have caused."
I then receive an email saying:
"The following error occurred in FormMail :
no_recipients
Error=The form has an internal error - no actions or recipients were specified."
This sounds like its some real simple thing that I missed/mixed up - but I'm not sure what it is.
Thank you again for your help.

Tom

shaharaperil

about form

Post by shaharaperil » 30 Jul 2012, 08:50

If you're getting error messages, then you are making good progress.

It sounds to me like problem may be related to steps #19 and #20.

The form needs two hidden text boxes. One has to be called RECIPIENT and the other has to be called SUBJECT. When the form is submitted, the form data will be sent to the address you type into the recipient box and it will use whatever is in the subject box as the subject line of the e-mail. If you leave those boxes blank or don't call them exactly the names as shown, the PHP form will not know what to do with the data and will generate that error.

After you created the recipient and subject boxes and set them up as per steps 12 - 14, did you then use the Quark content tool to click on those boxes and enter the recipient e-mail address and subject line text into them?

Thom_Print

about form

Post by Thom_Print » 01 Aug 2012, 07:47

Yeah,
This is the strange thing. Both these are in there - as I said in a previous post, I receive the email from the form - it just says that something is wong basically. So I am getting something from it, just not the data formatted from the form.
I think I have set the boxes up like in #12-14 and #19 and 20 are also correct..

I just cannot figure out where abouts the problem is.
Tom

Thom_Print

about form

Post by Thom_Print » 01 Aug 2012, 07:52

I have just noticed this though, and wondered if this might be to do with it?

SERVER_NAME was www.rlpersons.com
REQUEST_URI was /formmail.php

Tom

shaharaperil

about form

Post by shaharaperil » 01 Aug 2012, 14:27

The e-mail you're getting is programmed into the PHP FormMail script. Whenever something goes wrong with the form, it will generate an e-mail.

Would you be willing to send me the Quark layout?

Thom_Print

about form

Post by Thom_Print » 01 Aug 2012, 15:35

Happy to, but its pretty big (358mb) - might have to share it on dropbox or something like that..

is that ok?
Tom

shaharaperil

about form

Post by shaharaperil » 02 Aug 2012, 05:52

Sure. Just send me a message and let me know how top access it.

shaharaperil

about form

Post by shaharaperil » 13 Aug 2012, 04:48

For anyone following this thread, here are some additional important notes we discovered.

The specific PHP script mentioned in the instructions above requires certain fields to have certain names in the Quark form. Each name must be one word and lowercase. I used all caps in my original instructions for emphasis on the field names, but the script requires they be lowercase and appear as follows:

recipients
email
realname
subject

recipients is the e-mail address where the form data will be sent
email is the email address of the person filling out the form
realname is the real first, last, or full name of the person filling out the form
subject is the text that appears in the subject line of the email you receive with the form data.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”