help with quark to html - and links

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
Ruzow

Post by Ruzow » 16 Jul 2004, 12:37

I have created an e-newsletter in Quark 6.1 and I have two links in it - one to a website and one is a mail link (they were so easy to set up!).

The end user, my client, wants to be able to send this as an embedded html newsletter where the recipient can click on the link to their website - or the link to email them.

In the past for e-newsletters (without links) I have created a pdf or jpg - and the client sends with no issue. This new client wants the world - and I am sure I can give it to him - I just do not know how - or how to demo it either! MY email software is microsoft entourage - I can turn on html and insert a picture - but not the quark html - hmmm -

I was advised that the links in the pdf and html newsletter are probably relative links to files on my hard drive...when I email the pdf or html the recipient will not have the same files on their computer - but if I email it to myself (which I can only do as a pdf) and I have the files on my computer - the links are gone as well

So the basic question is if I create an e-newseltter with qxp with the links and create a pdf with the links -- how do I make sure that they stay there as I am losing them after the pdf gets emailed.

Please help me!
Thanks[/b]

Linda

Post by Linda » 16 Jul 2004, 22:05

Open your finished PDF in Acrobat and embed the correct URLs (or check that the ones you embedded already are correct).

peace,
Linda :)

Ruzow

Post by Ruzow » 17 Jul 2004, 06:19

Thanks Linda - that was done originally - I opened the pdf and the html and checked the links and they work - that was not the question - but thanks anyway - the question was that when pasting or embedding into an email - NOT sending as an attachment - the recipient of the email cannot use the links in the email - thanks anyway - Nancy

Linda

Post by Linda » 17 Jul 2004, 20:29

[strong]Ruzow:[/strong]So the basic question is if I create an e-newseltter with qxp with the links and create a pdf with the links -- how do I make sure that they stay there as I am losing them after the pdf gets emailed.

Sorry! I took this to mean that you were emailing the PDF. If that's not the case... I have no idea.

peace,
Linda 8)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 19 Jul 2004, 08:39

Greetings -

There is an entire process associated with creating complex html email. If you email me offline, I will send you the infomation that I have - otherwise you can go to this link and get information for yourself. It is very simple - basically common sense. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10372 Good Luck

Ruzow

Post by Ruzow » 19 Jul 2004, 08:44

THanks so much - Nancy

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”