Any HTML Import filter able to import full layout?

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
jhjacke

Post by jhjacke » 17 Jun 2004, 09:39

Does anyone knows a HTML Import filter/Xtension which allows to import a single html file including all layout information, e.g. pictures (if possible CSS) into a frame.

Thanks for any answers.

Jobst-Hinrich Jacke

Jim Oblak

Post by Jim Oblak » 17 Jun 2004, 11:22

Nope, but...

If you simply want an image of a web page to place in a frame, you could capture the page in Acrobat and place the PDF in Quark.

ReneG

Post by ReneG » 17 Jun 2004, 12:55

Jim Oblak

Post by Jim Oblak » 17 Jun 2004, 16:30

Does easypress allow import of HTML? I'm only seeing XML interchange software at this site.

jhjacke

Post by jhjacke » 18 Jun 2004, 03:33

Well, I already tried the workaround using Acrobat to convert the html file into PDF or TIFF and to import that file into Quark. The layout of the web page in Quark looks fine. I would have preferred a direct import as the import has to work in batch mode for a large number of html pages and any additional step in the processing increases the chance of problems in the customerss environment.

The XML import from easypress seems not to help in this case as I need to import the layout of the web page, not structured data.

But anyway, thanks a lot for your answers.

Jobst-Hinrich Jacke

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”