New Web Page option does not show up in Quark Xpress 6.1

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.
rzman

Post by rzman » 11 Jun 2004, 02:43

I upgraded from Quark Xpress 5.0 and was able to create web pages, but now that I have upgraded to Quark Xpress 6.1, I only get the option for a new project, library, book, and XML. I thought Xpress 6 was supposed to support web page design like Xpress 5.0. I even tried reloading the program and that doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

richard honey

Post by richard honey » 11 Jun 2004, 03:00

Choose new project from the File menu. A dialogue box will then ask you for the layout type. You can choose web from there. It's just the new way Quark 6 uses projects, which can include different layout types - print and web - within the same project.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 11 Jun 2004, 07:51

That is exaclty right! And once you have a web layout space created, you can seamlessy move element and text between your print and layout spaces within the same project. It is very cool!

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued”