Importing XML and creating multiple documents...

Discuss XML import/export in QuarkXPress 8 & 9 (and before).

If you are interested in newer XML publishing formats that Quark offers, then please contact us about Modifier XML (QuarkXPress Documents as XML) in QuarkXPress Server or about Quark XML Author.
RichardGroves

Importing XML and creating multiple documents...

Post by RichardGroves » 13 Jul 2012, 07:03

First question I have posted, but here we go...I need to be able to create multiple documents from one XML data set, but each document has to have things related to each placeholder on that page. So, for example, I am thinking of setting up my XML into something like this:Data (Names) [Name 1] [Name 2] [Name 3] (Location) [Location 1] [Location 2] [Location 3] (Color) [Color 1] [Color 2] [Color 3]What I want is to have each page of my document pair up the corresponding data sets to each other on a page, and then create the other dynamically. So that Name 1, Location 1, Color 1 appear on the first page of the document, and 2, 2, 2 on the second page and so forth. Is there a way to do this, or do I need to do the other option of creating multiple XML files for each dynamic data set (Name, Location, Color), and linking an individual document to an individual XML?Thanks for any help ahead of time!

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: XML Import/Export - discontinued”