HTML export - transparent background needed

Discuss XML import/export in QuarkXPress 8 & 9 (and before).

If you are interested in newer XML publishing formats that Quark offers, then please contact us about Modifier XML (QuarkXPress Documents as XML) in QuarkXPress Server or about Quark XML Author.
pagebypage

Post by pagebypage » 14 Sep 2011, 07:17

Please can anyone help? I've laid out a book for a client in Quark 8 and they now want it exported in HTML. They've specified the HTML files must be full CSS (no width, height value etc in the page code) and also that the background must be transparent. I've tried exporting samples as HTML (with and without external CSS) and XHTML (with and without the external CSS) but I can't achieve what they want. And the background colour is always white - I've tried changing but I'm not given the option of a transparent background...Sorry if I'm being stupid but I'm used to print, though I'm trying to learn...

automedia

Post by automedia » 31 Dec 2011, 05:58

Hi, well I'm not sure I'm the right person to answer this as I too need to learn Quark for Web fast, but in my own experiences with Dreamweaver if you need transparency I've always knocked the background out in Photoshop then exported it as a gif file ready to use in a transparent capacity. I hope this helps. I wouldn't try another extension than a GIF. Good luck.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: XML Import/Export - discontinued”