XML import with "Emphasis"?

Discuss XML import/export in QuarkXPress 8 & 9 (and before).

If you are interested in newer XML publishing formats that Quark offers, then please contact us about Modifier XML (QuarkXPress Documents as XML) in QuarkXPress Server or about Quark XML Author.
dannykos

Post by dannykos » 17 Mar 2011, 05:57

Matthias, thanks for staying with me on this one! What about if I referenced the various elements with numerical identifiers as in the DTD below. I could then create a single XML file containing all 7 articles, each one's elements referenced as either 1, 2 etc? Would that mean that it would all appear on the same page rather than on 7 different pages?

[img]file:///Users/dannykosifou/Desktop/Picture%201.png[/img]

dannykos

Post by dannykos » 22 Mar 2011, 06:18

IT WORKS!!! so now all I need is to include a numeric identifier for each piece of XML - run an Automator action to append them all into one file - and away we go :)

Johannes

Post by Johannes » 04 Apr 2011, 08:12

Hi Matthias,
Your explanation solved some problems I got all the time: the bleeding of an empasis into the surrounding text. But it showed some other problems:
1: "" will not work properly when there is no emphasis in a paragraph, suffices to element p added in placeholder window will be ignored. The asterisk works like a plus, that is not allowed for mixed content. A dirty trick is to add an empty tag-pair like , but thats not XML-like.

2: When every element "p" got an emphasis (or more), the suffices are changed to prefices, they appear before the paragraphs.
Regards
Johannes

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: XML Import/Export - discontinued”