Kindle Project help!

Discuss XML import/export in QuarkXPress 8 & 9 (and before).

If you are interested in newer XML publishing formats that Quark offers, then please contact us about Modifier XML (QuarkXPress Documents as XML) in QuarkXPress Server or about Quark XML Author.
rigoliarts

Kindle Project help!

Post by rigoliarts » 13 Dec 2010, 16:00

I have designed and laid out many books and now the publishers are asking for file conversions for Kindle and other E readers. Please tell me you have found a better way. This sounds like a nightmare! Should I convert to InDesign in the future? Even so, what to do with all of the title that were created in quark. Please let me know if you have any tips. It sounds horrible.
RigoliArts

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Kindle Project help!

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 13 Dec 2010, 20:47

Hi rigoliarts,
are you referign to my last post? Then I dont understand, as what we announced is an easy export out of QuarkXPress. Of course EPUB will have some restrictions, the current format doesn't allow very rich format, but that's true for any application exporting to EPUB.
Alternatively you will also be able to export as PDF, as HTML, as Flash, for Blio Reader or as branded APP out of QuarkXPress.
Is that what you need?
Thanks
Matthias

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Kindle Project help!

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 13 Dec 2010, 21:37

Just to share sth I've learnt last week: iPad does not "like" footnotes. So keep that in mind in case you create or convert files into ePub documents. HTH.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: XML Import/Export - discontinued”