Non-editable text in certain tags

Discuss XML import/export in QuarkXPress 8 & 9 (and before).

If you are interested in newer XML publishing formats that Quark offers, then please contact us about Modifier XML (QuarkXPress Documents as XML) in QuarkXPress Server or about Quark XML Author.
Christina

Non-editable text in certain tags

Post by Christina » 21 Feb 2010, 21:55

Hi :)
Once again, I have trouble using XML in Quark (7.3).
This time, it is a problem I encounter for the first time: Certain parts of my imported XML-text is non-editable.
Since several months, I'm using XML-import to make my life a little easier while working on our local event calendar. It always looks like this (I copy directly from Quark):

Uhr bis Uhr, ,

frhjahr>iPunkt>
I format these tags via the "style"-formats.

Now, when I let Quark fill in the text, I can edit the "was", "beschreibung", "wo" and "ort" tags. But as soon as I want to change something in the "preis"-tag, I can only edit the text as a whole o.O (Meaning, I can't change a word in there or a word spelled in a wrong way. I can either erase the whole paragraph in the tag or let it stay as it is). The same applies to the "anfang" and "ende" tags, but I guess, I could work around that.
The biggest problem about that is, that the XML-file is a "little corrupt". All our special characters (in the german language) are broken and have to be repaired. Normally, I do that via "find and replace", which works like a charm. Well, at least, it did until now =(
Can someone please tell me how to solve that problem? (and no, I can't change something in the XML-file. Even if I could, it wouldn't help - our client wants to shorten some texts when everything's done...)
I'd be very happy to read your suggestions =J
(By the way, I work on a Mac, QuarkXPress 7.3 and the XML-extensions are installed)

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: XML Import/Export - discontinued”