Export to XML grayed out- any tutorials out there?

Discuss XML import/export in QuarkXPress 8 & 9 (and before).

If you are interested in newer XML publishing formats that Quark offers, then please contact us about Modifier XML (QuarkXPress Documents as XML) in QuarkXPress Server or about Quark XML Author.
LrngToFly

Post by LrngToFly » 29 Jan 2006, 13:32

Hello-

I have Quark 6.5 and updated it to Quark XML Plus. I have a "Print" layout type. I'm using the Windows version...

My File, Export, Layout as XML is grayed out. I'm not a Quark expert- I'm trying to export a horticultural reference book as XML. Anyone know what I need to do to export?

Has anyone seen a tutorial on this out on the web somewhere?

This is a one time export and I would like to see what Quark's functionality is- I would prefer to not have to purchase one of the 3rd party products.

Thanks much for any information!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 19 Feb 2006, 00:29

As I understand it, in Quark you export the content within the project as XML, not the project/layout itself. Or you need specific proprietary software to export the page/project as XML. Quark by itself doesn't do this. If I'm worng about this please correct me.

Isaiah

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 22 Feb 2006, 13:39

I just downloaded the software and manual. I'm assuming you followed the directions on pages 21 and 22, Chapter 3. If this doesn't work, it might be a bug in the Pre-release software (you did know it was pre-release/beta, right?). In that case send an email to Tech Support. I can't try it here @ work (network version of Quark 6.5 used in production), sorry.

Also, did you remove avenue.quark from your computer as instructed in the Read Me? document? That might be contributing to your problem.

HTH

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: XML Import/Export - discontinued”