Download Quark License Administrator 4.5

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
Gaurav Krishan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Gaurav Krishan (Quark) » 27 Nov 2007, 16:35

Quark License Administrator (QLA) users can now download the latest version of QLA 4.5 available free of charge.

If you wish to upgrade to the latest version, please logon to your QLA account page and click on Download QLA software available on the right hand side of the web page. Click here to download.

donmontalvo

Post by donmontalvo » 28 Jan 2008, 19:58

[quote="Gaurav Krishan (Quark)"]Quark License Administrator (QLA) users can now download the latest version of QLA 4.5 available free of charge.

If you wish to upgrade to the latest version, please logon to your QLA account page and click on Download QLA software available on the right hand side of the web page. Click here to download.

Has anyone deployed this in enterprise environments yet?

Thanks,
Don

Gaurav Krishan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Gaurav Krishan (Quark) » 07 Feb 2008, 12:37

Hello Don,

QLA 4.5 has been deployed on many Enterprise sites,so far they have not reported any issue.

I would recommend if you are willing to deploy QLA 4.5, please feel free to write to us at enterprisesupport@quark.com in order to assist you.

Hope this helps !

Warm Regads,
Gaurav Krishan

mzimmermann@ariad.ca

Post by mzimmermann@ariad.ca » 07 Apr 2008, 13:56

We have an older version of QLA (3.1), and I was just wondering what the best practice would be for updating... starting from scratch, or using the updater.

There aren't any release notes on the download page, but I thought I'd ask beforehand, to see what would give us the best /most reliable results.

Thanks,
Mike

donmontalvo

Post by donmontalvo » 17 Jun 2011, 03:23

mzimmermann@ariad.ca wrote:We have an older version of QLA (3.1), and I was just wondering what the best practice would be for updating... starting from scratch, or using the updater.

There aren't any release notes on the download page, but I thought I'd ask beforehand, to see what would give us the best /most reliable results.

Thanks,
Mike
We are in the same boat, and are under the gun to get QLA in place as some departments are getting new computers and are STILL using individual licenses.I was just tasked with evaluating a current QLA server set up in 1 location for a large high profile global firm. I need access to the QLA installer so I can get QLA installed in a 2nd geographical location so we have proper redundancy.The download page is missing one thing...a download link. :) This is urgent, I'm sending an email to updater@quark.com and hoping for a prompt response.http://www.quark.com/Buy/QuarkXPress_Sa ... QLA.aspxWe have the IP and username/password for the single existing instance of QLA in the environment. The client can not find the installer, told us to download it from the page...which of course is not possible since the link is missing. :)Thanks,Donhttp://linkedin.com/in/donmontalvo

donmontalvo

Post by donmontalvo » 17 Jun 2011, 03:43

I contacted Quark via chat. A very helpful support person provided the links:https://qlaweb.quark.com/registrationMe ... aller.zipI think the info will be forwarded to whoever is managing the page that is missing the links.Thanks,Don

donmontalvo

Post by donmontalvo » 17 Jun 2011, 09:44

Just a quick note, why is the QLA installer stil a proprietary "QLA Server Installer.app" application? Why not provide a proper PKG installer which is best practice as defined by Apple Software Distribution Guidelines? Microsoft and Adobe have (finally) jumped on board and are providing us proper PKG installers...if you guys need help, I'm happy to lend a hand. ;)Don Montalvo, TXhttp://linkedin.com/in/donmontalvo

Return to “Quark License Administrator”