QLA 4.5 Installation as service on w2k3 fails

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
seligmanns

Post by seligmanns » 16 Oct 2007, 06:47

Hi,
I try to install QLA Server 4.5 on a Windows 2003 Server machine. Installing QLA as a windows service fails. A message appears that the 'Services-Application' is running and should be closed. But I cannot close the 'services.exe' process because its a system process and for this cannot be stopped.
Installing QLA NOT as a service is possible. But there has to be a user logged on to the machine where the server application is running afterwards, this is only a workaround.
Is it possible to register QLA server as a service by command line after standard installation?
Unfotunatly there's no hint about this in the User Manual.
Regards,
Stefan

seligmanns

Post by seligmanns » 17 Oct 2007, 01:54

Today I installed QLA on another machine. Service installation worked!
Copied the folder Server to the original License Server and registered the service from the command prompt (this was a little bit tricky, finding out the right parameters).
Then exported the QLA-service registry entries from the temporary QLA-Server and imported them on the other machine. Voila, QLA-service is running!!!

dwegener

Post by dwegener » 25 Feb 2009, 09:40

I'm running into the same problem. Is there an official help on this?

Hamiltro

Post by Hamiltro » 27 Apr 2011, 10:01

find a server that it will install as a services, make sure you setup the install location the same for both servers.

Once installed as serverThen open regedit on the computer that it install on. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ Right Click on "Quark License Administrator Server 4.5"and Export and save.

also go to %\Quark\Quark_License_Administrator\Server and copy QLAServerServices.exe

now go to the computer that you cant install and uncheck install as service, then move the QLAServerService.exe over to %\Quark\Quark_License_Administrator\Server and click on the *.reg file you made earlier.

Reboot and you have it has a service

also works on W2K8 R2

Return to “Quark License Administrator”