After server upgrade to Snow Leopard QLA service no longer r

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
nitro

Post by nitro » 10 Apr 2011, 21:31

Yea I have changed the order in Java Preferences and restarted but it didn't work

Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Sarbjit Singh » 10 Apr 2011, 21:42

Please go to the Sever installation folder and run "disableQLAService.command" and then "enableQLAService.command". Reboot and check.

nitro

Post by nitro » 15 Apr 2011, 23:19

sorry for the late reply, but I can only restart the server at weekends, I have done what you said but it still only runs as an application not as a service, I have double checked the order in Java Preferences and 32bit is first in the list, Service is enabled via the command and I have rebooted several times.

nitro

Post by nitro » 15 Apr 2011, 23:21

Also even if changing the order in java preferences did work it wouldn't be an option for us because as soon as you do that it breaks Kerio Connect our mail server and forces us to re-install it

nitro

Post by nitro » 15 Apr 2011, 23:57

Well now its just got worse, the QLA application won't now run properly if Java Prefs have 64bit first in the order, which leaves me in an impossible situation of only being able to run QLA or Kerio Connect !!!!As soon as I switch to 64 bit and open QLA it says "Invalid Host or ID" , if I switch the order back it work ok (as an app) but as you can imagine I can't live without the email server working!

Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Sarbjit Singh » 17 Apr 2011, 20:01

I would like to make sure that you have tried the steps suggested by "dwadson" earlier.
[[Edit /Applications/Quark/Quark_License_Administrator/Server/.QLAServer.sh and insert a "-d32" after "java" in "java -classpath..." otherwise the shell script (.QLAServer.sh) tries to launch the service in 64-bit Java.]]
The file (.QLAServer.sh) is hidden. You may use a simple utility like "Houdini" to display hidden files. It can downloaded from http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/26729/houdini
Please post the results.

nitro

Post by nitro » 18 Apr 2011, 07:46

Yes I tried that first, it didn't work, at the moment I have QLA running as an app via Rosetta, and kerio connect worked fine, then I restarted the server and it broke Kerio again, so there is obviously an incompatibility between them.

nitro

Post by nitro » 22 Apr 2011, 09:28

found this in the server logs Quark_License_Administrator/Server/libNodeLock20.jnilib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:\n/Applications/Quark/Quark_License_Administrator/Server/libNodeLock20.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Return to “Quark License Administrator”