QLA says license expired

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
simeonbroughton

QLA says license expired

Post by simeonbroughton » 27 Dec 2010, 04:34

I am getting something just like the following, we are dead in the water. I cannot get any tech support from Quark, I guess they are closed, can anyone please help!
Just recently, none of our Quark systems can get a licence from our QLA server, just getting a message that they are unable to contact the server.The server look like it was running, so we tried our usual procedures of stopping and starting the QLA server, restarting the server it is on, etc. But we soon found a problem went we looked into the logs (entry shown below):
LOG04Your license file has expired. Please contact Quark for a new license file.QLA Control Panel 3.0ServerThreadrun12/10/200813:02:05default User
Now we went to the website and regenerated and downloaded a new QLALicence.dat file but the server logs still show this error when it is started (Yes the server was not running when re placed the file). We have also reinstall the QLA server and dropped yet another new file in the new folder and no luck.
In the QLA client the Expiration is listed as Perpetual. The Client can't gather user information from the server either.

cdean

QLA says license expired

Post by cdean » 28 Dec 2010, 07:57

Same issue.

I am running QLA Server 4.5 and it has been getting corrupt a lot. I replace the dat file and it will work for a day or so. So I said I will just check out 90 days and worry about it later. Now it says it expires Jan 2, 2011. It will not let me check it out past that date. I am affraid that when that day comes QLA will no longer work.

I have looked at the license page at Quark.com and it does not have any expiration dates.
Any one have a clue?

Return to “Quark License Administrator”