Pointing new QuarkXpress installation to the QLA server

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
pascalpress

Post by pascalpress » 16 Mar 2009, 20:12

I'm trying to install QuarkXpress 7 onto a new iMac and I would like to point it to our QLA server for its licence. According to the documentation, during the installation, I am supposed to be prompted for the QLA server details. However, after repeated attempts at installing, it never does ask me for the QLA server details. It always wants a validation code and wants to activate over the internet.
Am I missing something? Is there a separate install file I need to use for the network edition of QuarkXpress? This has been incredibly frustrating, since the whole point of having the QLA server there is so I can centrally manage the licensing.

Tech Xpress

Post by Tech Xpress » 16 Mar 2009, 23:51

Then its for sure that either you are using a wrong Validation code to install (That is for single full copy and not for a site license) or you got the wrong product by mistake (Got the serial number for single full and not for site license).
To reconfirm/ rectify serial number/validation code dispute, you SHOULD get in touch with Quark Customer Service, they will solve the issue withing 5 minutes (I have bothered them many times and got fast response).
Recheck if you are entering the correct Validation code (Usually you get the validation code in an orange colored information card) or via email from QuarK Customer service.
If youput inthe right Validation code, it will ask you to enter QLA server details (for sure[:)])

pascalpress

Post by pascalpress » 18 Mar 2009, 10:44

Ah! Thanks, I didn't realise there were different validation codes for single full copies and site licences. I contacted Quark support and got the right validation code sorted out.
Thanks again!

Return to “Quark License Administrator”