Transitioning to new evaluation license

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
jtfey

Post by jtfey » 24 Feb 2009, 13:51

Our company's current 6.5 evaluation license expires on March 6. I have another evaluation license ready. And in late March my company will transition for good to our perpetual 7.0 license.Right now our QLA server has all three licenses available. How can I redirect our 31 users to connect to the newest 6.5 evaluation license? And is there a way to delete a license from the QLA server?Our workstations and the QLA server are all running Mac OS 10.4.11.Thanks.

Navpreet
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Navpreet » 25 Feb 2009, 07:31

Hi,
To remove the expired license from the server you would have to download the license file again with the Serial Numbers of the existing licensed removing the one which is expiring.
To download the license file visit the URL below:
[strong]http://www.quark.com/products/qla/[/strong]
The users would have to reinstall Quark with the validation code of the newest 6.5 evaluation license after installing the license which is expired.
I hope this information helps!

jtfey

Post by jtfey » 25 Feb 2009, 18:22

I've created another.dat file and I don't see a way to remove the expiring license number. There doesn't seem to be a method on the Web site.This line makes no sense:The users would have to reinstall Quark with the validation code of the newest 6.5 evaluation license after installing the license which is expired.Why would they install the license which is expired?The last time I went through this a guy from Quark U.S. support said I only need to replace the executable file in the Quark folder and replace one other file. Its the "other file" that I'm trying to remember.

Return to “Quark License Administrator”