QLA Server won't install again on the same server once it ha

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
ejones

Post by ejones » 07 Jan 2009, 09:16

I have tried this on 3 different windows 2003 servers and get the same error. Before I go live with the QLA server in a production environment I am testing the install and uninstall executables. And what I find 100% of the time is that once I have uninstalled the server, I can no longer run the install executable. The server does not think the executable is a windows application. I get the following error.
CreateProcess failed ==> %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
My guess is that the uninstall is not cleaning something up or the quark application is setting something in the registries and not cleaning that up during the uninstall. So, the only way that I have been able to fix the server to install the exe again is a rebuild of the server which is not acceptable in a production environment.
I am running QLA Server 4.5
What do you think is going on, and what options do I have in order to keep my Quark 7 licenses consolidated?

Gaurav Krishan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Gaurav Krishan (Quark) » 11 Feb 2009, 01:57

Hello,
I am not too sure, if the following steps would help. If I am not wrong, Windowsenvironment variable TEMP may result in this error message.
[em]Let's try[/em] [em]this as you are on Windows 2003 Server.[/em]
[olist][olist][*]To Correct this value: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables[*]Set the value for TEMP to a real directory on the machine: C:\temp as an example.
[/olist][/olist]Hope this should fix the issue, would be looking forward for your reply.
Rgds,
Gaurav

Return to “Quark License Administrator”