dongle damaged

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
bhsc

dongle damaged

Post by bhsc » 18 Nov 2008, 21:12

Something has happened since 5pm yesterday to knock the server off and having rebooted all machines and checked all cables I'm stuck.
Any help would be much appreciatedthanks in advanceJohn

Gaurav Krishan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

dongle damaged

Post by Gaurav Krishan (Quark) » 20 Nov 2008, 01:56

Hello John,
bhsc wrote:the server wont even launch its own Quark Xpress. It says the QLA server is unavailable.

May I know theversion of QLA and QuarkXPress deployed in you company ?
Plus, is this happening with all the machines or only the copy of QuarkXPress on the server.
Rgds,
Gaurav

bhsc

dongle damaged

Post by bhsc » 20 Nov 2008, 04:18

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0cm;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}I am using Quark Express 6.1 and QLA is 3.3, I have downloaded the latestversion 4.5 to try, also I have downloaded a new licence file and also been sent a newemergency licence but still I get the error that the emergency file is damagedand it cant see the server,Thanks in advanceJohn

Gaurav Krishan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

dongle damaged

Post by Gaurav Krishan (Quark) » 20 Nov 2008, 04:51

Hello John,
It seems that the QLA server is not up and running. QuarkXPress copies need to connect to the QLA server at least once in order to launch the emergency key. I am not sure but might be that the file from older QLA version have not been removed as you tried to install QLA 4.5.
Let me arrange a call back for you from one of our QLA expert at tech support. Could you please PM me your contact details ?
Regards,
Gaurav Krishan

Gaurav Krishan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

dongle damaged

Post by Gaurav Krishan (Quark) » 21 Nov 2008, 01:56

Hello John,
Thanks for your message !
I believe one of our experts from tech support must have contacted you by now.
Regards,
Gaurav Krishan

Return to “Quark License Administrator”