QLA on network with changed IP addresses

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.
sterling757

Post by sterling757 » 20 Nov 2008, 03:43

My IT department changed IP addresses on all of our computers last night. I decided to install fresh QLA Server 4.5 but still cannot connect to licenses from our desktop machines. I'm assuming I need to change settings on each machine, or reinstall Quark??
Running QX 6.5.2 on Macs only w/ OS 10.4.11 and Leopard Server.

Manuel S

Post by Manuel S » 20 Nov 2008, 03:52

Appart from creating a new licence (QLALicence.dat) file for the server, the only thing you need to do is to modify the "QLAClient.properties" file, located in the QuarkXPress application folder on the desktop machines.
It's a simple matter of opening that file in a text editor, updating the IP adress, and copying that file to each desktop machine.

sterling757

Post by sterling757 » 20 Nov 2008, 08:55

Thanks for the quick reply Manuel. That's what I had done and it still wasn't working. Turns out the license file (QLALicence.dat) was not downloading to the correct location on my QLA Server, but I was able to locate it and move it. All is working now.

Return to “Quark License Administrator”